Master’s in Marketing & Advertising
Average Program Length: 2 years
A master’s degree in Marketing & Advertising prepares those currently involved in the field of digital communications, or those looking for a career change, with the skills to create and implement cutting-edge, strategic campaigns.
Utilizing the latest advances in social media and technology, and studying how online platforms work together with traditional branding strategies, students will learn to navigate the complexity of consumer engagement and thrive in an ever-evolving field.
Another option for earning this type of advanced degree is an MBA with a specialization in marketing and advertising. Focusing on brand strategy and thought leadership, these programs are designed to teach students to think creatively when it comes to understanding consumer behavior and leading a team through the planning and execution of targeted campaigns.
Graduates are uniquely qualified to help organizations build relationships with key consumers, and ultimately enhance the company’s bottom line.
- Focus on consumer behavior research to develop targeted campaigns, identify obstacles and pinpoint branding opportunities
- Development of integrated and strategic campaigns utilizing multiple platforms as well as digital and traditional communication channels
- Exposure to various media buying platforms, ad exchanges, and technology solutions
- Analysis of different advertising and marketing mediums
- How to merge critical thinking with creative execution
Potential Career Paths:
- Digital Media/Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Email Marketing Manager
- E-Commerce and CRM Manager
- Digital Media Planner/Buyer
- Chief Digital Officer
Featured Online Degree(s):
- University of Saint Mary – Online MBA in Marketing & Advertising
- Benedictine University – Online MBA in Internet Marketing
- Purdue University – Online MS in Communication
- Queens University – Online MS in Communication
LATEST ON THE BLOG
Trying to figure which degree specialization is right for you? Here's what you can expect with a degree in communication concentrations.
Should you earn a MA in Communications? A master's degree in communications offers many benefits. Discover the best reasons to get a MA in Communications.