Certificate: Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Average Program Length: 1 year or less
A certificate program in Search Engine Marketing is intended to provide advanced training for professionals currently involved in the fields of social media, eCommerce, search engine optimization (SEO), data and web analytics, and/or digital advertising.
Offering insights into the latest trends and best practices in online media, students will learn to implement effective campaigns using cutting-edge tools with the goal of increasing brand awareness and building a dedicated consumer base.
- Develop an advanced understanding of paid search, including optimal use of tools such as Google AdWords, and learn how to apply proven paid search tactics to drive results
- Learn to define and measure keywords
- Create, implement, analyze, and optimize online campaigns and affiliate marketing strategies
- Learn to determine ROI and evaluate the successes and failures of individual campaigns through hands-on application and case studies
- Study trends in consumer behavior
Potential Career Paths:
- Digital Media/Marketing Manager
- SEO Specialist
- SEO Manager
- Paid Search Manager
- Director of Search Marketing
- Search Marketing Specialist
Featured Online Degree(s):
- Benedictine University – Online MBA in Internet Marketing
- Purdue University – Online MS in Communication
- Queens University – Online MS in Communication
- University of Saint Mary – Online MBA in Marketing & Advertising
LATEST ON THE BLOG
Trying to figure which degree specialization is right for you? Here's what you can expect with a degree in communication concentrations.
Should you earn a MA in Communications? A master's degree in communications offers many benefits. Discover the best reasons to get a MA in Communications.